A delectably moist Pumpkin Banana Bread recipe filled with warm spices! Enjoy the best of both worlds in this tender and delicious loaf. Nutty, moist, and satisfying, this pumpkin banana bread is so flavorful and so easy to make!
Welcome fall with this soft and moist pumpkin banana bread! You won't be able to resist! It's lip-smacking loaf bread, that is moist, delicious, and not overly sweet. Great for breakfasts, as an afternoon snack, or even as a dessert. It’s a perfect treat for any time of the day.
Warm classic banana bread is made with overly ripe bananas, pure pumpkin purée, and pumpkin pie spice. This pumpkin banana bread is the perfect fall recipe you have to try! This delicious pumpkin banana bread will be your new go-to recipe for fall and also be enjoyed all year long.
The key to making this best, sinfully delicious, pumpkin banana bread is to use overly ripe bananas. Yes, the riper the bananas, the better the bread tastes. I use bananas that turned almost black from the outside. Those are the best bananas, so sweet, and add so much flavor to this bread. I always buy a few extra bananas, so that I can make this delicious pumpkin banana bread, that disappears in no time.
Pumpkin banana bread is easy to make and does not require any fancy gadgets. You can make this bread nut-free, simply omit the nuts. If you like chocolate, add chocolate chips, for yummy chocolaty pumpkin banana bread. This bread is delicious. Enjoy this easy, moist, homemade pumpkin banana bread with some fresh homemade butter.
About Pumpkin Banana Bread
Pumpkin banana bread is a delightful baked treat that combines the flavors of pumpkin and ripe bananas into a moist and flavorful loaf.
It has a unique blend of flavors. The pumpkin adds a subtle earthy sweetness, while the ripe bananas contribute a natural, fruity sweetness. The combination results in bread with a pleasant balance of flavors. Additionally, the bread is typically moist and tender, making it a comforting and satisfying treat.
Pumpkin banana bread is particularly popular during the fall season when pumpkin-based recipes are in high demand. However, you can enjoy it year-round, as canned pumpkin and ripe bananas are generally available in most grocery stores throughout the year.
This bread is incredibly versatile. You can enjoy it for breakfast, as a snack, or even as a dessert. It's perfect with a cup of coffee or tea, and it's often served with a pat of butter or cream cheese for added richness.
Pumpkin banana bread recipes can vary, allowing for customization to suit your preferences. You can experiment with different spices, add-ins like chocolate chips or nuts, or even create variations like pumpkin banana muffins or mini loaves.
Pumpkin banana bread is a delicious and comforting baked good that combines the best of both pumpkin and banana flavors. It's a versatile treat that can be enjoyed throughout the year and customized to your taste preferences. Whether you make it as a fall tradition or a year-round favorite, it's sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Here's a brief description of the ingredients used in pumpkin banana bread:
- Canned Pumpkin Puree: Canned pumpkin puree is made from cooked and mashed pumpkin. It has a smooth, mild, and slightly sweet flavor. It adds moisture, color, and a subtle pumpkin taste to the bread.
- Ripe Bananas: Ripe bananas are sweet and soft, making them perfect for baking. They add natural sweetness, moisture, and a distinct banana flavor to the bread.
- Eggs: Eggs act as a binding agent and provide structure to the bread. They also contribute to its moist and tender texture.
- Vegetable Oil or Melted Butter: These fats add richness and moisture to the bread. You can choose between vegetable oil or melted butter based on your preference.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract enhances the overall flavor of the bread, adding a subtle, sweet, and aromatic note.
- All-Purpose Flour: All-purpose flour serves as the primary dry ingredient and provides structure to the bread.
- Baking Soda: It is a leavening agent, helps the bread rise and become light and fluffy.
- Salt: Salt enhances the flavors in the bread and balances the sweetness. It's an essential ingredient in most baked goods.
- Spices (Cinnamon, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Ginger): These ground spices provide the characteristic warm and aromatic flavors associated with pumpkin bread. Cinnamon is sweet and earthy, nutmeg adds a nutty and slightly spicy note, pumpkin pie spice and ginger add warm taste, and a hint of sharpness.
- Brown Sugar: It sweetens the bread and contributes a richer, caramel-like flavor and moistness due to its molasses content.
These ingredients work together to create a delightful pumpkin banana bread with a harmonious blend of flavors and a moist, tender crumb. You can also customize the recipe by adding extras like nuts, chocolate chips, or raisins for added texture and flavor.
How To Make
Pumpkin banana bread is a delicious and moist bread that combines the flavors of pumpkin and ripe bananas. It's a perfect treat for the fall season or any time you're craving a comforting, sweet snack. Here's a recipe:
Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Grease two 8-by-4 inch loaf pan with baking spray. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice, ground cinnamon, and salt. Whisk with a wire. Set aside.
In a large bowl, add oil, and sugar and beat at a medium speed until incorporated. Add eggs, pumpkin puree, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract, and beat at medium speed until incorporated. Scrape downsides of the bowl.
Add flour mixture and blend at low speed until combined. Do not overmix. Fold in nuts.
Pour batter into loaf pans and bake on the center rack for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove the pans from the oven and place them on a cooling rack. Allow the pans to cool for at least 20 minutes, before slicing the bread.
Enjoy warm, and nutty, pumpkin banana nut bread with a cup of expresso!!
To store pumpkin banana bread, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out, and store it at room temperature for up to 2-3 days. If you want to keep it longer, you can refrigerate it for up to a week or freeze it for several months in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag.
Here are some tips to ensure your pumpkin banana bread turns out delicious:
- Use Ripe Bananas: Use overly ripe bananas to make this recipe. I find using over-ripe bananas (the banana peel has turned almost black) is best for this recipe. They are naturally sweet and add a ton of banana flavor to this bread.
- Do Not Use Pumpkin Pie Puree: I used 100% pure pumpkin puree for this recipe. You can use canned puree or fresh homemade pumpkin puree for this recipe.
- Room Temperature Ingredients: It is best to start with ingredients at room temperature.
- Don't Overmix: When combining the wet and dry ingredients, mix until just combined. Overmixing can lead to a tougher texture. It's okay if there are a few lumps in the batter.
- Spice It Up: Adjust the spices to your taste. You can increase or decrease the amounts of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger to match your preferred level of spiciness.
- Add Mix-Ins: Customize your bread by adding mix-ins like chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or raisins for added texture and flavor.
- Properly Measure Flour: When measuring flour, use a spoon to scoop it into your measuring cup and level it off with a flat edge. This prevents packing the flour, which can lead to a dry loaf.
- Check for Doneness: Use a toothpick or cake tester to check the doneness of your bread. Insert it into the center of the loaf; if it comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, it's ready.
- Cool Before Slicing: Allow the bread to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack. Cooling prevents it from becoming too dense.
- Storage: If you're not consuming the bread immediately, follow the storage instructions mentioned earlier to keep it fresh.
- Freezing: If you plan to freeze the bread, wrap it well in plastic wrap or foil, place it in an airtight container or freezer bag, and label it with the date to keep track of freshness.
With these tips in mind, you'll be well on your way to baking a delicious and moist pumpkin banana bread that you and your family can enjoy.
I have tried this recipe with butter and oil, to see if it makes any difference in the consistency of the bread. With butter, bread turns out slightly dense as compared to the one with oil. Use oil for less dense bread.
Absolutely! Feel free to use nuts of your choice or skip them entirely. I like walnuts or pecans, add a nice texture to the bread. You can also use some pistachios or almonds.
You can use a 9-by-5 inch or 8-by-4 inch loaf pan. Baking time will slightly vary depending upon the size of the loaf pan used.
For 9-by-5 inch loaf pans it takes around 45-50 minutes to bake the bread. For an 8-by-4 inch loaf pan, bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
The bread stays good for 3-5 days in the refrigerator or 2-3 days at room temperature. Wrap in a paper towel, and place it in a Ziploc bag or clean, dry container.
Yes, Pumpkin Banana bread freezes beautifully. You can freeze for up to 3 months. Place the whole loaf or slices, in a freezer-safe container or Ziploc bag, and freeze it. Defrost the bread in the refrigerator or at room temperature. Enjoy this delicious, moist Pumpkin Banana Nut bread with some fresh butter.
More Bread Recipes
Pumpkin Banana Bread Recipe
INGREDIENTS FOR PUMPKIN BANANA NUT BREAD
- 2-½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1-¾ cups 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 1-½ cups or 4 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup vegetable oil or 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1-½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- baking spray
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PUMPKIN BANANA NUT BREAD
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Grease two 8-by-4 inch loaf pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice, ground cinnamon, and salt. Whisk with a wire. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add oil, and sugar and beat at a medium speed until incorporated. Add eggs, pumpkin puree, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract, and beat at medium speed until incorporated. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add flour mixture and blend at low speed until combined. Do not overmix. Fold in nuts.
- Pour batter into loaf pans and bake on the center rack for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pans from the oven and place them on a cooling rack. Allow the pans to cool for at least 20 minutes, before slicing the bread.
- Enjoy warm, and nutty, pumpkin banana nut bread with a cup of expresso!!
- Tips For The Best Pumpkin Banana Nut Bread
- Frequently Asked Questions
Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
KEYWORDbanana bread, best pumpkin banana bread, easy pumpkin banana bread, moist pumpkin banana bread, pumpkin banana bread, pumpkin banana bread with butter, pumpkin banana cake, pumpkin bread