This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support!
This Instant Pot Baked Potatoes recipe is one of the quick and easy recipe for making perfectly cooked, fork tender, fluffy potatoes every time in a pressure cooker.
WHY COOK POTATOES IN INSTANT POT
Cooking potatoes in a Instant Pot is one of my go to recipes for making perfect potatoes, extremely efficient, and consistent results, this recipe is always in great demand in my family.
Now, I can make these yummy, creamy and fluffy baked potatoes anytime. If you are looking for perfectly cooked, fork tender, fluffy, creamy potatoes, then this is the only recipe you will need.
Instant Pot potatoes are cooked in a fraction of a time, as compared to potatoes baked in an oven. The other difference that I see is the outer skin of potatoes is more moist and soft, as compared to crispy when baked in an oven.
If you like potatoes with crispy outer skin, all you need to do is to put these Instant Pot baked potatoes, under broiler for a couple of minutes for crunchy, crispy skin. Many a times I use these baked potatoes in some other recipes, where I remove the outer skin. So it does not really bother me, as long as the potatoes are cooked to perfection ?
HOW TO COOK POTATOES IN INSTANT POT
There are few things that one must keep in mind while cooking these potatoes. Potatoes come in different sizes, from small, medium, large to x-large. Depending upon the size of the potato the cooking time will vary.
When cooking potatoes in the Instant Pot, I pick the ones with almost the same size, and leave the rest for the next time. That way I am assured that potatoes will cook in the time set in Instant Pot, without potatoes being over done.
Now, depending upon the size of the potatoes, cooking time will vary from around 12-30 minutes. For small size potatoes I cook for 12-15 minutes, for medium size potatoes it takes around 15-20 minutes, for large size potatoes cook time will be around 20-25 minutes and for x-large around 25-30 minutes.
After you have picked batch of potatoes, it’s time to cook potatoes. Wash the potatoes, fill the inner pot of Instant Pot with a cup of water, place a trivet and add potatoes. Set Instant Pot to Manual /Pressure cook mode (high) and set the time, depending upon the size of the potatoes. It’s that simple.
Let pressure release naturally, around 10 mins. Remove the potatoes and use them in your favorite recipe. Enjoy!
I have also tried cooking potatoes by making it in halves, this reduces the cook time to almost half. You can cook whole potatoes or cut them into half. If I am making mashed potatoes I normally cut the potatoes in half, that way it reduces the cooking time and saves some electricity too ?
HERE’S A QUICK COOKING GUIDE FOR PERFECT POTATOES
**Set Instant Pot to Manual / Pressure cook mode (high) –min
**Natural Pressure Release
**I am using russet potatoes in the recipe
**I add 1 cup of water in the inner pot for small to x-large potatoes. For xx-large potatoes I add 2 cups of water in the inner pot.
( ounces )
( 5-6 oz )
( 7 -9 oz )
( 10-12 oz )
(16 oz or larger)
( minutes )
TRIED THIS RECIPE ?
★ If you tried this recipe, I would love to hear your feedback. Please rate the recipe and/or leave a comment below.
SOME MORE RECIPES FROM BLOG!!
SOUP RECIPES FROM BLOG
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- 4 medium size (7-9 oz) russet potatoes
- 1 cup water
- coarsely crushed black peppercones / black pepper powder
- sour cream or thick yogurt
- fresh cilantro
INSTANT POT BAKED POTATOES:
- Wash the potatoes.Note: No need to prick the potatoes.
- Add water, place a trivet, add potatoes. Close the lid, vent sealed.Note: For xx-large (16 oz or larger) potatoes, add 2 cups of water.
- Turn ON Manual / Pressure cook (high) for 15 minutes.Note: Adjust the cooking time depending upon the size of the potato. Please refer to recipe notes (below) for cooking times.
- Let pressure release naturally, around 10 minutes. Open the lid, remove the potatoes.
- Potatoes are now ready to be used into your favorite dish. Enjoy!
- Turn on oven, preheat to broil.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle some oil, salt.
- Broil the potatoes for 4-5 minutes or until lightly brown in color.
- Remove from the oven. Sprinkle some black pepper, dollop of sour cream or yogurt. Garnish with some fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
- Please adjust the cooking time depending upon the size of the potato.
- small (5-6 oz) = 12-15 min,
- medium (7-9 oz) = 15-20 min,
- large (10-12 oz) = 20-25 min,
- x-large (13-15 oz) = 25-20 min,
- xx-large (16 oz or larger) = 45 min
- For xx-large potatoes, I add 2 cups of water in the inner pot.
- No need to prick the potatoes.
- If cooking in large quantity, add an extra cup of water.
Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
KEYWORDpotatoes, baked potatoes, instant pot, instant pot potatoes, instant pot recipes
PIN IT FOR LATER