This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support!
Tomato Carrot Beetroot soup is a sweet, tangy, rich soup with goodness of all the three vegetables in one bowl of soup. Extremely easy, and a delicious soup to put together.
Fresh ingredients used in the making of this soup add soothing flavors and a balanced nutritional values to this soup. Great comfort soup for anytime of the year!!
WHAT IS TOMATO CARROT BEETROOT SOUP
Simple, healthy, comforting soup made with just a few ingredients. This soup is a different version of Tomato soup.
Carrots and beetroot add flavor and sweetness to balance the tanginess from the tomatoes and also vibrant color to the soup making it absolutely eye pleasing, soul comforting.
Delicious, hearty, easy Tomato Carrot Beetroot soup, one of the soups I grew up devouring. I remember my mom used to make this tomato carrot beetroot soup specially during winters. But I can enjoy this yummy soup anytime of the year.
My kids also love this soup and is on rotation specially during winters. Its a great vegetarian option, when you just want something light and soothing without any added cream or flour.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS HEALTHY TOMATO CARROT BEETROOT SOUP
TOMATOES – fresh tomatoes is my only choice when making this soup. I have never tried this recipe with canned tomatoes.
CARROTS – carrots add an extra flavor and sweetness to this soup. I love veggies and try to incorporate as much as I can into our daily diet. And what could be a better way to sneak in the veggies without your little ones even knowing about it.
BEETROOT – beetroot is used in a very small quantity, mainly to give a nice vibrant color to this soup. It also adds nice texture and flavor to the soup as well.
GINGER – I do add ginger sometimes just to give it a slightly different flavor. Also, ginger has anti-inflammatory properties, soothes pain and soreness.
ONIONS, GARLIC – you can also add onions, garlic in this soup, I like to keep mine simple.
BROTH – low sodium vegetable or chicken broth adds an additional layer of flavor. Low sodium broth helps control the sodium intake.
You can also use a bouillon, mix it with water as per package instructions and use it.
I prefer low-sodium vegetable stock to balance the sodium level in the soup and also keeping it vegetarian.
CREAM – I personally don’t add any cream to this soup. But if you prefer you can use heavy cream, half and half or just milk, works absolutely great.
VINEGAR, HONEY – to balance the tangy and sweet flavors of the soup.
HOW TO MAKE TOMATO CARROT BEETROOT SOUP
The Tomato Carrot Beetroot soup is easy, dump and go recipe, that comes together in under 30 minutes. With just the few basic ingredients, you can make this easy, comforting soup anytime of the year.
I like to use fresh tomatoes in this recipe, I think fresh tomatoes add lots of flavor and also make it a healthy soup. Some carrots for sweetness and some beetroot for that vibrant color.
Pressure cook or you can also make this soup on a stove top. Add all the ingredients with a cup of water, cook until all the veggies are soft and cooked.
Using an immersion or handheld blender, blend the soup to a smooth consistency. Sieve the soup for that smooth, silky texture.
Add vinegar or honey to balance the tangy and sweet flavor. Adjust the seasonings, some salt and pepper. Enjoy pipping hot Tomato Carrot Beetroot soup ready to be devoured!!!
INSTANT POT TOMATO CARROT BEETROOT SOUP
Here’s step by step method of how to make tomato carrot beetroot soup in Instant Pot.
In the inner pot of Instant Pot, add chopped tomatoes, carrots, beetroot, water or broth, salt to taste.
Close the Instant Pot lid with pressure valve on sealing position. Pressure cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
Allow 10 minutes of natural pressure release.
Open the Instant Pot, using an immersion or handheld blender blend the soup to a fine puree.
Sieve the soup through a fine mesh strainer for that silky, smooth texture of the soup.
Return the soup to the Instant pot, add vinegar or honey, to balance the tangy and sweet flavor of the soup.
Turn ON saute mode, bring the soup to a gentle boil. Adjust the seasonings – salt and pepper.
Turn OFF the Instant Pot. Enjoy this soup with some croutons or some crackers!!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR STOVE TOP TOMATO CARROT BEETROOT SOUP
FOR STOVE TOP POT METHOD
In a pot, add all the ingredients. Cover and simmer until vegetables are cooked. This will take around 10-15 minutes.
Follow the rest of the recipe as discussed earlier for Instant Pot.
FOR STOVE TOP PRESSURE COOKER METHOD
In a stove top pressure cooker, add all the ingredients. After the first whistle reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes. Let pressure release naturally.
Follow the rest of the recipe as discussed earlier for Instant Pot.
HOW TO SERVE TOMATO CARROT BEETROOT SOUP
I like to serve this soup piping hot, top it with some freshly crushed black pepper.
You can serve it in a classic way, with some croutons, or with some crackers like my kids love it. Either way this soup tastes just WOW!!!
I also like to serve some sandwich along with this soup, thus making it a complete meal for those wintry nights.
HOW TO STORE THE TOMATO CARROT BEETROOT SOUP
The soup stays good for 3-4 days in refrigerator. Reheat well in a microwave or on a stove top.
To freeze Tomato Carrot Beetroot soup, once the soup is at room temperature, divide it into freezer safe containers.
Store the soup into freezer for up to a month. Before serving thaw the soup, reheat and serve the soup hot!!
Here are some more SOUP recipes from blog. Enjoy!!
Here are some more recipes for you to enjoy!!
Dal Makhani – creamy, flavorful, dal made with black gram lentils, kidney beans
Sarson Da Saag – mustard greens tempered with onion, garlic and some Indian spices
Homemade Ghee –rich nutty flavor, nourishing and aromatic, homemade ghee
Bharwa Bhindi – okra stuffed with some Indian spices
Aloo Gobi – simple, easy, delicious Potato Cauliflower curry
Carrot Halwa , quick and easy carrot halwa.
Strawberry Jam – 3-ingredients, super easy, finger-licking homemade Strawberry Jam
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for easy and delicious video recipes. Happy Cooking!!
Tomato Carrot Beetroot Soup
- 4 medium red tomato, quartered
- 2 large carrot, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 small beetroot, peeled and chopped into chunks
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Honey or Jaggery, as per taste
- white vinegar, as required
- 1-1/2 cup water or broth
Instructions for Instant Pot Cooking:
- In the inner pot of Instant Pot, add chopped tomatoes, carrots, beetroot, water or broth, salt to taste.
- Close the Instant Pot lid with pressure valve on sealing position. Pressure cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Allow 10 minutes of natural pressure release.
- Open the Instant Pot, using an immersion or handheld blender blend the soup to a fine puree.
- Sieve the soup through a fine mesh strainer for a smooth texture. Return the soup to the Instant pot, add vinegar or honey, to balance the tangy and sweet flavor of the soup.
- Turn ON saute mode, bring the soup to a gentle boil. Adjust the seasonings - salt and pepper.
- Turn off the Instant Pot. Enjoy this soup with some croutons or some crackers!!
- Depending upon the tartness of the tomatoes, add honey or vinegar to balance the taste.
- If you prefer thick consistency, add water accordingly while cooking. You can always add more water later if required. I just add enough water to cover the veggies.
- To thicken the soup, reduce the soup further to a desired consistency. OR use some cornstarch slurry. Equal amount of water and cornstarch, add it gradually, until the soup thickens to a desired consistency. Turn off heat.
- For stove top cooking, follow the same steps as discussed in the recipe. Instead of pressure cooking, bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for around 10-15 minutes or until veggies are soft. Rest of the steps remain the same as Instant Pot.