Making these tiny little baby potatoes is a breeze. These perfect little potatoes are so yummy, use them in your favorite dish, and indulge in creamy, delectable, yummylicious baby potatoes.
Cooking can be so much fun. Love making these tiny baby potatoes in Instant Pot, they just come out perfect each time I make them. I no longer have to baby sit these baby potatoes ?. Instant Pot has really made my life so much easier!!
Traditionally, I used to cook these baby potatoes on a stove top, in a pot filled with water. Keep a constant eye, making sure they where not over done. Thanks to Instant pot, it took away so much of my work load. Now, I just add the baby potatoes, water, set the Instant Pot and walk away. While my potatoes are being cooked I can take care of other chores...ahh I'm a busy mom ?
How to make perfect boiled baby potatoes in Instant Pot?
There are few things that one must keep in mind while cooking these little wonders. When I buy a bag of baby potatoes, they come with all sizes, from small to medium to large. I normally, pick the ones with almost the same size, and leave the rest for the next time. That way I am assured that potatoes will cook in the time set in Instant Pot, without potatoes being over done. Now, depending upon the size of the potatoes, cooking time will vary from 1-2 minutes. For small to medium size baby potatoes, I cook for 1 min. For larger size of baby potatoes, 2 minutes of cook time is good. After you have picked batch of potatoes, it's time to cook these lovelies. Wash the potatoes and put it in the inner pot of the Instant Pot. I keep one layer of potatoes, add just enough water to cover these potatoes (around 2 cup). Add salt to taste (optional) and set the Instant Pot to Manual / Pressure Cook mode (high) for 1 - 2 mins, depending upon the size of the baby potatoes. Let pressure release naturally, around 10 min. Remove the potatoes and use them in your favorite recipe.
Since the difference in cooking time is not quite significant you may just want to cook the entire batch for 2 minutes. Totally works, provided you are not cooking in a bulk. Yes, if the quantity is more, the potatoes do tend to turn bit mushy, and therefore I take this extra step of sorting the potatoes.
How to serve baby potatoes?
Here are some more recipes from blog. Enjoy!!
How to Steam Broccoli / Instant Pot – easiest and a healthier way to make broccoli
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes - perfectly cooked, fork tender, fluffy potatoes
Broccoli Cheddar Soup – thick, creamy soup made with broccoli, cheddar cheese
Cream of Mushroom Soup – cream, comforting, earthy flavors in a bowl of soup
Strawberry Jam – 3-ingredients, super easy, finger-licking homemade Strawberry Jam
Instant Pot Perfect Boiled Potatoes
- 22-24 count baby potatoes (small to medium size potatoes)
- 2 cup water (or as needed)
- salt to taste optional
Instructions for Instant Pot Cooking:
- Wash the baby potatoes.
- Turn on Instant Pot to Manual / Pressure cook mode (high) for "1" mins.Note: "ONE" minutes is NOT a typo.
- Add potatoes, water, and salt to taste. Close the Instant Pot, vent sealed.
- Let pressure release naturally, around 10 min. Open the Instant Pot, remove the baby potatoes.
- Baby potatoes are now ready to be used into your favorite dish. Enjoy!
- For small to medium size baby potatoes, set 1 minute of cooking time. For larger size of baby potatoes, use 2 minutes of cooking time.
- Add just enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Since the difference in cooking time is not quite significant you may just want to cook the entire batch for 2 minutes. Totally works, provided you are not cooking in a bulk. Yes, if the quantity is more, the potatoes do tend to turn bit mushy, and therefore I take this extra step of sorting the potatoes. Please refer the post for details.
- For Stove Top pressure cooker, follow the steps as discussed in the recipe. After the first whistle, reduce the heat and cook for 1-2 mins, depending upon the size of the potatoes.
Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
KEYWORDinstant pot recipes, instant pot vegetarian recipes, instant pot Indian recipes, pressure cooker recipes, pressure cooker vegetarian recipes, appetizer recipe, easy appetizer, air fryer recipes