Chickpea flour pancakes or besan ka chilla are spiced Indian style savory pancakes made out of chickpea flour, and some Indian spices. A quick, healthy and a delicious breakfast, ready in no time. Enjoy!!
I like to serve these pancakes with some homemade yogurt, sweet and tangy tomato chutney or with some ketchup.
CHICKPEA FLOUR PANCAKES / BESAN KA CHILLA
- 1 cup chickpea flour / besan
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder as per taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 medium tomato chopped
- 1 green chili chopped (optional)
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking pancakes
- Mix all the ingredients to form a smooth batter.
- Heat a non-stick griddle, spread some oil, drop a spoonful of batter, spread evenly into small circles.
- Cook over medium heat for 3-5 min, or until golden brown in color. Flip and cook on the other side of the pancake. Drizzle some oil, as needed. Serve hot with some yogurt, or ketchup. Enjoy!!
Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
Tried this recipe?Mention @livingsmartandhealthy or tag #livingsmartandhealthy
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!Check out Living Smart And Healthy!
KEYWORDchilla, flatbread, pancakes, besan, chickpea flour, besan ka chilla, chickpea flour pancakes
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.