This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support!
Cranberry Mint Cilantro Chutney or Green Chutney is a flavorful condiment or dip served with Indian appetizers or chaat recipes. Green chutney is made with cranberries, cilantro, mint and some Indian spices. Unique aroma of green chutney is absolutely amazing and enhances the taste and flavor of any dish it is served with!!
WHAT IS CRANBERRY MINT CILANTRO CHUTNEY
Cranberry Mint Cilantro Chutney or Green Chutney is a very popular chutney recipe from North India. Cranberry mint cilantro chutney is a very refreshing and flavorful dip/condiment served with starters. The tanginess from the fresh cranberries, minty flavor from mint and fresh cilantro gives this chutney a very refreshing flavor.
Traditionally, mint cilantro chutney is made using lemon juice. Adding fresh cranberries gives this chutney a very distinct tangy flavor and a vibrant reddish green color. This chutney goes well with many of the Indian starters, such as kebob, tikkas, samosa, pakoras (fritters) or even with Indian chaat recipes such as Ragda Pattice, Pani Poori, Bhel Poori, Sev Poori, Aloo Tikki.
HOW TO MAKE CRANBERRY MINT CILANTRO CHUTNEY
There are many ways you can make this chutney. The proportion of cilantro, mint, green chili, cranberries may be adjusted as per taste. Some like more cilantro and less mint, as mint is quite strong herb. Some like it mildly spiced, wheres others like it more spicy, add green chili as per taste. Cranberries add tangy flavor to it, thus giving chutney a tangy and a refreshing flavor. It also adds to the vibrant color of the chutney.
I love to have chutneys at all times in my home, be it sweet and tangy Tamarind Chutney (imli ki chutney), Coriander Mint Chutney or Cranberry Mint Cilantro Chutney. These chutneys are a must have in my family. These chutneys come in so handy to serve with a variety of Indian recipes.
HOW TO MAKE CRANBERRY MINT CILANTRO CHUTNEY
I normally take one bunch of cilantro leaves (around 2 cups) and half a bunch of mint leaves (around 1 cup). Wash the cilantro and mint leaves thoroughly, add the leaves to a blender. Add handful of cranberries, ginger, green chili as per taste, roasted cumin seeds powder, black salt. Grind to a smooth paste, if required add 1-2 TBSP of water for grinding. Adjust the seasoning – salt as per taste. Mix well and store it into a air tight container in refrigerator. Enjoy this refreshing and flavorful chutney with your favorite recipes ?
INGREDIENTS FOR CRANBERRY MINT CILANTRO CHUTNEY
CILANTRO – bunch of fresh cilantro. I like to use the cilantro leaves plus stems as well in this chutney. I think the stems pack a lot of flavor and nutrients value to this chutney.
MINT – fresh mint leaves add a nice minty flavor to this chutney. 2:1 proportion of cilantro and mint gives a nice balance of flavors to this chutney. But you can add more or less depending upon your taste. Some like less mint, as mint is a very strong herb.
GREEN CHILI – add heat to this chutney. For milder flavor reduce green chili.
CRANBERRIES – add nice refreshing and tangy flavor to this chutney.
SUGAR – is optional, sugar helps balance the tangy flavor.
HOW TO SERVE CRANBERRY MINT CILANTRO CHUTNEY
I like to serve this cranberry mint cilantro chutney with many Indian chaat recipes such as Ragda Pattice, Pani Poori, Bhel Poori, Sev Poori, Aloo Tikki, and/or appetizers such as Kebabs, Pakoras (fritters), Samosa, Dahi Vada, tikkas.
HOW TO STORE CRANBERRY MINT CILANTRO CHUTNEY
- The cranberry mint cilantro chutney stays fresh for 2-3 days into a refrigerator. Store it in a air tight container.
- I personally prefer fresh chutney, since it takes no time to make this chutney. But you can also freeze the chutney for later use as well. The chutney freezes well. You can store this chutney in freezer for upto a month. Defrost it in the refrigerator prior to use.
Here are some more recipes for you to enjoy!!
Carrot Halwa , quick and easy carrot halwa.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup – thick, creamy soup made with broccoli, cheddar cheese
Dal Makhani – creamy, flavorful, aromatic dal made with black gram lentils, kidney beans
Aloo Gobi – simple, easy, delicious Potato Cauliflower curry
Strawberry Jam – 3-ingredients, super easy, finger-licking homemade Strawberry Jam
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for easy and delicious video recipes. Happy Cooking!!
Cranberry Mint Cilantro Chutney
- Chop the cilantro leaves and stems. Pluck mint leaves.
- In a colander, add cilantro and mint. Rinse it thoroughly under running cold water few times. Drain it well in the colander.
- Add all the ingredients - cilantro, mint, cranberries, green chili, ginger, roasted cumin powder, pink salt, into a blender. Add some water and grind it to a smooth paste. Note: Add 1-2 TBSP of water if required to grind the chutney.
- Adjust the seasoning (salt) as per taste.
- Transfer the chutney into a clean glass airtight container and store it in a refrigerator. Enjoy cranberry mint cilantro chutney with your favorite appetizers!!
- Cranberries add tanginess to the chutney, can be substituted with some lemon juice.
- Adjust spiciness as per taste.
- Chutney stays fresh for 2-3 days in refrigerator.