Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
Quick and easy Mediterranean Chickpea Salad, made with bell peppers, crisp, cool cucumber, and creamy feta. Makes fast, healthy lunches, side or great for meal-prep.
INGREDIENTS FOR MEDITERRANEAN CHICKPEA SALAD
- 2 -15 oz. canned chickpeas drained and rinsed, or use 3 cups boiled chickpeas
- 1 medium English cucumber, diced
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 stalks celery, diced (optional)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced; or mixed bell peppers
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2-3/4 cup green or black olives, halved
- 1/3-1/2 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese; For vegan use avocado
- handful of fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- few mint or basil leaves, finely chopped
FOR THE SALAD DRESSING
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon honey or preferred sweetener; For vegan, use agave
- juice of 1 lemon, adjust to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, adjust to taste
- salt to taste
DIRECTIONS FOR MEDITERRANEAN CHICKPEA SALAD
In a small bowl or a mason jar, add olive oil, honey, lemon juice, freshly ground black pepper, and salt to taste. Whisk to combine.
In a large bowl, add chickpeas, cucumber, tomato, bell pepper, celery (optional), and onion.Note: Feta and olives are quite salty by themselves. Add salt cautiously.
Add olives, crumbled feta, cilantro, and mint. Pour dressing over the chickpea salad. Toss to combine.
Cover and refrigerate the salad. Serve cold or at room temperature.Note: Refrigerate the salad for a minimum of 30 minutes. It allows flavors to blend in well. This Mediterranean Chickpea Salad stays fresh for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.Note: If storing the salad, add cheese just before serving.
Here's how I cook chickpeas using dried beans in Instant Pot - How to cook chickpeas
Please refer to the post for the following:
- Tips For Best Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Make-ahead tips
- Frequently Asked Questions