Homemade Cranberry Pomegranate Juice
A non-alcoholic cranberry pomegranate beverage, perfect for holiday entertaining! 100% juice made with fresh, crisp cranberries and sweet pomegranates. Plus, no added sugar, no artificial flavors or preservatives, and 100% Vitamin C.
- 12 oz fresh whole cranberries
- 2 large fresh pomegranate [around 4 cups pomegranate arils]
- 5 cups water, divided [3 + 2 cups]
- 4 tablespoon of sugar or preferred sweetener, adjust to taste [optional]
INSTANT POT FRESH HOMEMADE CRANBERRY POMEGRANATE JUICE
You will need Instant Pot FOR CRANBERRY JUICE: Add cranberries and 3 cups of water in the inner pot. Close the lid, vent sealed. PRESSURE COOK (high) for 5 minutes. Allow natural pressure release, around 10 minutes, and then release the remaining pressure manually. Open the lid. Allow it to cool for few minutes.Note: You can make pomegranate juice while cranberries are pressure cooking. Place a fine mesh strainer on a glass bowl. Pour the mixture through a fine mesh. Using a spatula, gently press to extract juice.Note: Press gently to extract juice only, no pulp. Save the pulp, you can use it to make Cranberry Sauce. Here’s a recipe for Homemade Cranberry Sauce You will need Blender, Fine mesh strainer, Glass Mixing Bowls, Spatula FOR POMEGRANATE JUICE: Place 2 cups of pomegranate arils in a blender. Add 1 cup of water. Pulse the mixture for 2-3 minutes. Place a fine mesh strainer on a glass bowl. Pour the mixture through a fine mesh. Using a spatula, gently press to extract juice.
Repeat the process with the remaining pomegranate.
FOR CRANBERRY POMEGRANATE JUICE: Combine cranberry and pomegranate juice.
[OPTIONAL] Turn ON SAUTE (less). Stir in sugar or preferred sweetener to taste, simmer for 2-3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Turn OFF SAUTE.
SECOND STRAINING: Place a fine mesh strainer on a glass bowl. Line the strainer with a cotton cloth. Strain the juice.
Transfer the juice to a glass pitcher or Carafe and refrigerate. Serve chilled.
Homemade cranberry pomegranate juice stays fresh for up to a week in the refrigerator or freeze it for up to 3 months.
STOVE TOP FRESH HOMEMADE CRANBERRY POMEGRANATE JUICE
Add cranberries and 3 cups of water in a pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the cranberries are soft and mushy.
Rest of the recipe is same as Instant Pot.
- Cranberries and pomegranate are star ingredient of this recipe. Use fresh ingredients if in season. However, you can also use frozen berries for this recipe.
- Cook the cranberries until soft and mushy. This helps easily extract the juice from the berries.
- Gently press the cranberries to extract the juice. Remember we only need the juice and no pulp. Pulp will add to the bitterness of the juice.
- Pulse the pomegranate arils for 2-3 minutes, so they release their juices. Do not over blend the mixture.
- Add sugar or preferred sweetener and simmer for 2-3 minutes. No need to boil the juice.
- I highly recommend to strain the juice twice. Second time straining helps in removing any leftover bits from the juice.
- Cranberry pomegranate juice stores well for up to a week in the refrigerator. Freeze it in ice cubes for up to a 3 months.
- Immediately transfer the juice to a glass container or glass pitcher. Do not store the juice in a metal container. Metals react with the juice and can lead to an undesirable taste.
- Please refer to post for FAQ